Wednesday 5 January 2011

Missed One!

When making my 2011 post I forgot to mention anything at all about studying/working on game.  This was not because I didn't think it was important but more because I thought it was mandatory to have any chance of beating the game.

However, having thought about it a little more (and having no better things to write about :p) I feel having something down in writing will help me stay at it.  Also for the n00bs reading it will give them some idea of some of the things one can do to improve their game.  I emphasise the word some here, as there are many ways of improving ones game that I will not discuss here and probably not even know about if I'm honest.

So I guess I will talk about the things I'm going to be actively making an effort to do.  Firstly NETWORKING, I'm going to be seeking out (begging) better players to give me access to their minds :).  I did a great job of this when playing tournaments and have met many great friends and players.  But my cash game lists is pretty bare atm and I could do with having some good players to discuss hands with.  Almost every interview I have read/heard, that focuses on a good player emphasises the importance of having other good players to discuss strategy and hands with.  Just this week I have found someone playing  a few levels above me who is willing to help me out.  I have already taken advantage of this generosity and will continue to do so.  Anyone out there who wants some donks skype/aim/msn hit me up :).

The next on the list is making use of TRAINING SITES.  Numerous times during my tournament days I signed up to training sites and just failed to use them anywhere near enough.  I currently have some videos from numerous sites on my hard drive ;), so am currently making my way through those.  I'm also a member of deuces cracked at the moment.  So I am determined to use my membership this time.  I am aiming for one video per week as a minimum but should hopefully hit more.  I'm currently working my way through the Coaching Kristy series, which is vet helpful so far.  For the time being I am happy with DC but as I move up I may well look to get a card runners or blue fire subscription.  Although some have advised wait until I'm at 200nl before I get BFP, so I will most likely take that advice unless anything changes in the meantime.

Those are definitely the main two things I want to be working on.   I have never been great at getting into pokerstove and things like that but I do want to get a better understanding of the math, so maybe I will look into theory vids on DC or get a book on the subject.  I'm also wanting to start reading some hands from the forums of DC and 2p2.

OK that's all I got.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. and then live a in a sick house in Thailand? Sounds like a good idea, you could pick my brains but not much there...

    ReplyDelete