Thursday 13 January 2011

The Chase is On!

Finished the day up $500 yesterday after 3k hands of $50nl, which is my biggest winning day in online cash games so far!

Anyway end brag :p.

I mentioned in my last post that I was thinking of switching to stars permanently and going for supernova by the end of 2011.  Well I was talking to a buddy who plays MTTs who said he was also trying to go for supernova.  I mentioned that I was thinking about it and he didn't feel like I would make it, so I asked if he would like to bet.

Anyway we decided on $200, nothing huge but the motivation comes from beating him.  I really feel he has no shot though lol.  He plays MTTs and MTTSNGs up to $55, but he is not a great multitabler and hasn't put huge volume in thus far.  Obviously this is why he made bet and is going for supernova too though.  So looking at our history it probably looks like we will both fail .

To achieve supernova I need to get roughly 300VPPs per day, after yesterdays session I earned 700 from 3k hands, so 1.5k hands per day would have me achieve supernova.  Obviously I won't be playing everyday but I definitely believe I can achieve this.

As I have barely played on stars my total VPPs for the year is 910, so obviously well behind pace so far.  But it's only the 13th, so its easily doable.  A buddy of mine playing $50nl achieved supernova by July last year.  He plays more volume than me but knowing he did it by July gives me even more confidence.

I guess I will have a much better of where I stand at the end of February.  So will include VPP updates in future posts and try get a better overall game plan prepared in terms of number of tables, hours, days and hands required for supernova.  That's all I got, gl me.

Sam.

EDIT: numbers look wrong, think it's 300k hands I need, so like 1k/day hands with days off should be fine

2 comments:

  1. I would think you would get this mate. Your bud will be looking at the old Snowman, not the new hungry Snowman. I would say by Sept this will be in the bag, but perhaps even sooner. I wish you well in this quest sir!

    Good bankroll management at all times of course! And post a picture of the poker set-up too. I love them!

    ReplyDelete