Tuesday 28 December 2010

2011!!

The year is almost done.  I played my last Sunday online on boxing day and it was not great but had so much potential.  I bricked most of the early tourneys pretty quickly.  Most were pretty standard stuff.  Then I was 4 tabling my last four tournaments, which were the $5quad, the $55 DNG 300k, $16 turbo 30k and the $11 lotto.  I bust the 5quad after butchering a hand pre flop and having to more or less go with it post.  The other 3 were in the money.


I got coolered in the lotto AK<AA and in the DNG AA<JJ and bust the turbo in a pretty std 12bb shove into the nuts spot.  All of this happened in around 10mins, which was pretty titling as I was pretty deep into the money in them all.  Could of been a fantastic end to the year.

On the cash side of things the back end of December has not been too good either.  This is mainly because I have not played a bunch,  I have been really busy around the holidays and then had trouble with my iPoker account at paddy and obviously missed a few days due to VCs move to the entraction network.

Also made some mistakes taking shots at rush and not following good BRM, but w/e every ones got some gamble in them ;).  Hopefully all of this can be improved in the new year.  So this brings me onto goals for the new year.  I am not usually great at setting goals in terms of volume and $, as I find it difficult to motivate myself if I fall behind early.  So I will continue to avoid making those types of goals for now.  So in no particular order the things I would like to do/achieve in 2011 are:
  • Decent score in a live tournament.
  • Play more live cash
  • Adhere to good bankroll management (including shot taking, but sensible shots only at the correct times)
  • Play MTTs most Sundays (I started this blog saying I have gave up MTTs bla bla bla but the fact is they are super good value on Sundays and people play bad.(also who doesn't love turning $11 into five figures - ONE TIME!))
  • Be a regular at $100nl (with shots at $200nl here and there)
My last goal is maybe one that will not be completed this year but it is a goal I am actively trying to get to, which is to play poker professionally!

So that's about all I can think of in terms of poker.  Apart from the last one I really don't think any of them should be to much trouble (which is probably a bad thing, as setting "easy" goals is not a great idea imo).  But this is really the first time I can start a year with some sort of plan and positive attitude towards poker, so those will do for now.  Maybe 2012 I will have some really tough goals.  I guess my only non poker goal would be to get back in shape.  I quit smoking when I found out I was to be a Daddy, so since then I don't think I have stopped eating, so I need to lose a few pounds and get back into shape.

This probably wont be my last update of 2010 but just in case - I hope you all have a fantastic new year and hope it continues throughout 2011!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment