Tuesday 14 December 2010

HUD


I have been playing around with my HUD lately.  When I first switched to cash I had no real idea of what HUD I should use.  So I found a HUD configuration on the holdem manager forums and used that one.  I now have a better idea of what I use and dont use.  The above is my current HUD.  I am thinking about the changing or tweaking the colour scheme.  I will first explain the numbers.

1st Line:                                VPIP / PFR / AGG F / #of hands

I increased the size of thefirst three stats, as I look at these firstly (more so VPIP and PFR).  Also VPIP has a seperate colour scheme compared to other stats.  Basically Green is too loose 30+, yellow is laggish I guess 21-29 and Red is tight 1-20.

2nd Line: The 2nd line has a text abbreviation before the stats, which I will probably remove over time, as I add in more tables and need to stramline HUD but I like it for now.  The stats are:

    FlopCbet / fold to flop cbet / 3b% / fold to 3b % / Attempt to Steal / Fold BB to steal

The last line is obviously player name.  So thats basically how my HUD looks.  I won't bother with screenshots of the POPUPS yet, as these are pretty standard atm.  I am trying to work on them now to get them better, so if anyone has any advice let me know.  The stats I am currently using from POPUPS are "squeeze" and "donk bet" along with stats for turn and river decisions.

One thing I feel is missing from the HUD or POPUPS is check raising and maybe just raising flops in general.  I feel this gives a good indication of whether the player has any bluffs in his range on the flop.

OK I will now explain the colour scheme, which is the same one that I picked up from the HEM forums, so maybe I will change this.  I already went over the VPIP colours.  With the exception of # of hands all the other colours are either blue or grey.  It's basically set, so that grey is about normal or decent and that blue is exploitable or a possible leak.  So a blue stat could represent a cbet number that is too high and too low.  This is ok for the most part but I think I would prefer to have a colour scheme, so I can look and think "OK, he's Blue...he is most likeley a super loose" or "OK he's Red...super nit".

I am happy with the HUD overall, would like to tweak the colours and maybe the POPUPS when I get more skilled at doing so.  I also think some stats indicating how often a player barreling maybe a good idea.  I am also always ready to add knew stuff into the HUD but I think its a good idea to keep it small where possible.  The stats I had on the HUD that I have now removed are:

  • Call Open
  • Limp Call (thinking of getting this on the HUD again or more likely in a popup)
  • WTSD
  • W$SD

OK I guess thats it.  Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment