Friday 10 December 2010

Now I remember...

For some strange reason I forgot the reason I was sick of playing MTTs yesterday. I decided to fire some up. I played like 11 MTTs on starts and cashed in 4, which is a nice in the money rate but as usual it doesn't tell the story and it was a very frustrating night.

I final table bubbled the 7 turbo. I built up a really nice stack pretty early and managed to main tan it until around 27 players left. I then went super card dead for a while, which was sooooo annoying, so I ended up dropping to 15th when we got down to 18. Then I won 2 flips and was just above average with 12 to go. On the exact FT bubble it folded round to the small blind who decided to ship it in, I called with KQo and couldn't outdraw his J3o, so that was that.

I had my other cashes in the $16 turbo where I finished like 20x from a huge field but nothing significant there and a similar story in the $5 turbo.

My last run, which last until 3am :/ was in the 3r. My first table was pretty awesome and I managed to get a stack of 25k after adding on and re buying only once. Pretty quickly after the re buy period another 200BB stack decided to spazz out in a multi way pot with middle pair when I have a set, so that was nice :). Pretty soon I was chip leader with 5000 or so to go lolz and 400 big blinds. With that stack it was pretty easy to just pick up chips steadily w/o any large risks.

As it got deeper some spots came up which showed my post flop play has improved from my short time playing cash. When we got down to around 250 left it was just all pre flop play almost, which is common in MTTs, one good thing was that this was the 15min level 3r, so there was always plenty of time.

Then the inevitable bust hand came. With 60 left I had like 28Bbs, which put me in the middle of the pack. I was dealt AKo UTG and opened, it folded around to the SB who has been playing very questionable and loose/bad. He had around 40 blinds and opted to call. The flop came down K45r, which is obviously a great flop for my hand. At the time I opted for the check. I was checking as this guy had shown he would just bet relentlessly when checked too. I'm not sure if I like the check now (don't know whether I am being results orientated or not) although i still believe he bets when checked to a huge amount so idk. Anyway, I checked and he checked it back. The turn was an 8, which brought a back draw flush draw and I decided to lead for like 55% of the pot. He waited maybe 10-15 seconds and shoved. I didn't really think I could fold there given stacks and I definitely think he does it with worse. He had the 67o for the turned straight and I was drawing dead. Was pretty frustrating but that's the way it goes :).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment