Wednesday 8 December 2010

Coaching.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had just started a month long coaching program aimed at small stakes 6max players. I guess I will talk a little more about it today. Basically I get one live session per week, which lasts for 2 hours. My coach is also available to talk about anything throughout the week.

Basically I will send him every hand I play throughout the week, so he can upload them into his HEM and have a track record of every hand I play. I will also send him over individual hands and we will talk through them through email/IM or w/e. Then when it comes to the 2 hour session he will usually have a couple of hands he thinks we should talk about. The time this takes usually depends but I would say around 20 mins. Then we will usually do a live sweat for around an hour, sometimes this will be less,as a lot of talking points will come up. So the last 40mins is spent discussing the live sweat. Then obviously the process is repeated until the month is up.

I personally think that the format is great. 2 hour sessions work very well. I have not had an hour session but I can't imagine much gets done in an hour. Also talking through stuff midweek or whenever is great especially if I have a really bad session where I find a ton of mistakes or wtf spots. In addition to all of this I feel I have most probably got a friend for the foreseeable future and that Danny will help me out after the sessions and I will probably continue coaching with him after this too.

OK rambled a bit more than I thought then but ya basically I am really happy with my coach and my first couple of sessions. I have just finished my second session where Danny identified a bunch of spots with a recurring theme. basically a small leak but one that is huge for my bottom line. As i mentioned I am new to cash poker (25k hands total) and I feel with Danny's help I am developing a decent overall startegy and should be a decent winner at the small stakes pretty soon.

Coaching was all I really wanted to talk about with this post, so I will leave it here. if anyone is interested in some coaching then just let me know. hopefully I can post some pretty graphs and stuff soon atm mine looks like its upside down :/

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment