Monday 20 December 2010

Ramblings.

One of the main reasons for writing this blog was to try and improve my writing, as I think I suck.  This post will more than likely be an example of that.  I was trying to figure out a structure and w/e and couldn't really come up with one.  So I will most likely write about whatever comes into my mind at the time.

As I said in my previous post I was going to play some MTTs this Sunday.  It turns out a buddy of mine was having a few friends over for a "grind session" and invited me along.  So there was four or five of us grinding, which was cool.

I played and ran absurdly bad in the early part of the session and I was pretty tilted in all honesty, as a few of the other guys had stacks going everywhere.  The MFTOPS main event was due to start at 10pm local time and I bust all my other tourneys at 9.45, I considered unregistring but thought i would play super lag and bust or get big stack early (tilt talking obv).  So I proceeded to donk away half of my gazillion bb during the first hour.  I then talked myself into playing well and built a great stack.

I ended up busting in something like 300th place from 17k runners.  Pretty deep run the last hand was pretty interesting I thought.  I will post it here:

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 5000/10000 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

MP2 (t160000)
MP3 (t460366)
CO (t376035)
Button (t88557)
SB (t329877)
BB (t559937)
Hero (UTG) (t445220)
UTG+1 (t751861)
MP1 (t442896)

Hero's M: 29.68

Preflop: Hero is UTG with
Hero bets t22222, UTG+1 calls t22222, MP1 raises t95550, 6 folds, Hero raises t421998, 1 fold, MP1 calls t346346

Flop: (t921014)  (2 players)

Turn: (t921014)  (2 players)

River: (t921014)  (2 players)

Total pot: t921014

He had KK :(

While I was waiting for the action to get back to me, I was thinking this a fold.  I really wanted to fold.  But I just thought it was so nitty.  I still don't really know what is best here.  I have  a nice stack here very deep in a huge MTT and don't think I am ever in great shape here. Its tough, if i have 100k less i can shove np but these stacks were so awkward.  I'm going to try to get as many opinions as possible on the hand and go from there.

Im going to play a live event the Tuesday after Christmas with on online friend.  So its going to be cool meeting up with him.  Also enjoy playing live.  I think somewhere between Christmas and New Year I will try  and think and blog about my goals for 2011.  So that may well be my next post or it maybe a mini trip report from the liveament.

I think that's all I have to say for now..

1 comment:

  1. You writing style is fine dude, just keep on blogging...

    ReplyDelete