Monday 28 February 2011

Febuary

I'm undecided on whether I will play today or not, so this may not be the entirety of my February but it's close enough.  After looking at my results this month I have noticed a few interesting things.  I have drastically increased my tables which has caused my redline to shoot down and if I'm honest turned me into a bit of a nit.

I'm not super pleased with this, as I enjoyed having sick redline and playing a ton of hands :p.  This month was a little different tho, as I really didn't start playing until the 17th of the month and wanted to maintain platinum for them FPPs :).

I do think I will continue to play a decent amount of tables but I will play around with the exact number.  The month was also relatively swingy with some bad stretched, which weren't down to variance.  I'm happy about this though as it gives me something to work on.  Anyway here's the graphs and what not:


Pretty severe dip in the middle there, which is most likely the session I made a post about where I felt myself tilting and quit after some horrific beats/coolers/retarded play in the space of like 5 minutes.  Overall I guess I'm kinda happy.  I ran a little below EV this month but I'm actively trying not to think about that to much.  I mean we play poker (or should do imo) believing that EV will even out in the long run, so pointless wasting energy thinking about it.  I think if I lose maybe 1 or 2 tables, game select a little better and always (or as much as possible) play my A game my winrate can improve a significant amount.  Again I'm happy there is many spots to improve and will strive to work on these things form now on.


Some pretty swingy sessions lol.  I have spoke to a few different people now and have had mixed responses.  Some say they also lose more sessions than they win and some have said they win more than they lose.  My theory for my case is that I often get a little tilty and quit sessions if I'm losing and then start again later that day or another day.  If I'm winning I'm generally happy to keep playing.  Overall though I'm not really concerned about this.  Going back to the long term thing, I don't think we can concern ourselves to much with results from session to session.  I will keep an eye on this though and see how it goes over a larger sample.

LOL euro's.  A friend of mine who played a bunch of 50nl and is now 100nl reg told me to expect much higher winrates in the euro games compared to the dollar games.  In game I never really noticed much difference in the standards and this is a very small sample, still pretty interesting non the less.  As you can see all my my profit this month came from the euro games. 

I have outlined earlier that game selection is something I need to work on, so again I will monitor this over a larger sample and see what the results are when I'm game selecting better.  Hopefully I'm not a losing player in the dollar games next month :).

Goals for March:
  1. Play 40k hands
  2. Watch 2+ training videos
  3. Review hands/sessions twice per week
  4. Read poker mindset
Well that's all I got, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment