Wednesday 23 February 2011

Back on the grind

My last post was after my first session back online for a while.  I have gotten in over 16k hands since then (17th Feb) and I played 0 hands over 2 of those days.  I was out trying to be a live pro on those days :).

I have been playing a minimum of 12 tables and up to 16.  I didn't think I would ever feel comfortable playing that many 6 max tables but it really hasn't taken me long to get used to it at all and it feels really comfortable now.

I don't think I will increase this but I think 16 will be the most regular number in the future.  With the extra tables I'm pretty sure I will be able to maintain platinum status on stars this month despite not playing anything until the 17th, which is great.

Tonight's session was pretty terrible and I ran very badly for the first time in a while and I cut the session short as soon as I felt my play deteriorating.  Although that seems like a negative I'm seeing it as a positive.  Not so long ago I would most likely jump into a $200nl game on monkey tilt and spew money.  So tilt is still an issue for me but it seems it's at least a controllable one now, which is progress in my book.

I FT bubbled the live donkament I played and then pretty much broke even in the cash games, so this certainly hasn't been a good week in terms of poker.  Having said that I'm really enjoying being back at it.  Again this is a good sign that with work and time I have what it takes to take the good with the bad and come out the other side.

I should be putting a ton of hands in over the next few days and the main goal is to stay platinum star.  Like I already mentioned I'm pretty sure this will be doable.  I will post my results at the end of the month.  I'm now starting to mark hands with HEM during my sessions and going over those either at the end of the session or the next day, which is definitely something I will continue doing and see as a valuable learning tool.

The main thing in terms of studying I have not made any progress with is watching videos, so this is something I will try work on from now on but something that I have been saying for a while hopefully I will do it this time.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment